Rapides School-Based Health Center
122 Maryland Ave
Alexandria, LA 71301
Phone: (318) 628-0088
Fax: (318) 627-5999
Open during school hours.
Located in Alexandria Middle Magnet School
The Rapides School-Based Center provides expanded school health services including preventive health care services as well as care for acute and chronic illnesses. All services provided are confidential. The school-based clinic will not replace the student’s primary care physician. The clinic will collaborate with the student’s primary care physician.
All students enrolled in the Rapides Parish School System may receive services upon signing consent forms. Students may be referred by parents/guardians, teachers, school administrators, school nurses or other school personnel. Appointments will be scheduled or students will be seen as needed.
The RAPIDES SCHOOL-BASED CENTER is sponsored by the WINN COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER and supported by the RAPIDES PARISH SCHOOL BOARD.
• Promoting healthier lifestyles
• Keeping students in school and parents at work
• Preventing health/mental health crisis
• Building healthy relationships and knowing what students need
• To improve access to healthcare by offering confidential care in a safe and convenient location.
• To provide culturally sensitive and age appropriate healthcare, education, outreach, and referral to students in Rapides Parish Schools.
• To promote healthy lifestyle choices and empower youth to take responsibility for their health… because children matter.
Meet Our Staff...
Lindsey Pringle, LPC
Lindsey Pringle, LPC is a lifelong resident of Alexandria. She graduated from Northwestern State University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology and went on to obtain her Master’s degree in Counseling Psychology from LSU Shreveport in August of 2014. Lindsey worked as a counselor for the Youth Challenge Program for 3 years, providing behavioral health services to troubled teens. She became certified through the Louisiana Licensed Professional Counselors Board of Examiners as a Licensed Professional Counselor in March of 2017. Lindsey joined the Trinity Health Center team in August of 2017 at the Rapides School-based health center. She is a graduate of AMMS and looks forward to serving the school and community that first served her.