Grant Community School Based Clinic
1000 Hwy 1241
Dry Prong, LA 71423
Phone: (318) 640-5487
Fax: (318) 627-5999
Open during school hours.
Located in South Grant Elementary
Patients can be seen at the Grant Community Health Center when school is not in session.
The Grant School-Based Clinic provides expanded school health services including preventive health care services as well as care for acute and chronic illnesses. All services provided are confidential. The school-based clinic will not replace the student’s primary care physician. The clinic will collaborate with the student’s primary care physician.
All students enrolled in the Grant Parish School System may receive services upon signing consent forms. Students may be referred by parents/guardians, teachers, school administrators, school nurses or other school personnel. Appointments will be scheduled or students will be seen as needed. Transportation will be provided for students to the Grant Clinic.
The GRANT SCHOOL-BASED CLINIC is sponsored by the WINN COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER and supported by the GRANT PARISH SCHOOL BOARD.
• Promoting healthier lifestyles
• Keeping students in school and parents at work
• Preventing health/mental health crisis
• Building healthy relationships and knowing what students need
• To improve access to healthcare by offering confidential care in a safe and convenient location.
• To provide culturally sensitive and age appropriate healthcare, education, outreach, and referral to students in Grant Parish Schools.
• To promote healthy lifestyle choices and empower youth to take responsibility for their health… because children matter.
Meet Our Provider...
Summer Craig, FNP-C
Summer Craig, FNP-C, a lifelong resident of Grant Parish, is a graduate of Northwestern State University's Family Nurse Practitioner program. She received her Bachelor of Science degree from Louisiana College in 2009. Summer received her national certification through the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners and is an active member of the Louisiana Association of Nurse Practitioners. Summer is engaged to be married next spring to her fiancé Josh. She works at the Grant Community School-Based Clinic and is looking forward to serving the community that raised her.